Public Relations & Media Coaching Consultant
Darryn has been involved with the media for the past 20 years in various capacities. His initial involvement was as a result of him winning state and national awards and the subsequent media attention that followed.
- Five Outstanding Young South Australian Awards as recognized by the Australian Jaycees
- Five Outstanding Young Australian Awards as recognized by the Australian Jaycees
- Semifinalist in the BHP Australia Bicentennial Pursuit of Excellence Awards
- Channel Ten Young achiever Community Service Award
- Premiers Award for South Australia
- 50 Emerging Leaders in Australia Award as recognized by the Business Council of Australia and the Davos Foundation
- OAM awarded by the Governor General of Australia
Darryn then founded the National Nine News Student of the Year Awards and was flown into schools by Channel Nine Helicopter to conduct motivational assemblies in South Australia and Queensland.
Due to his high profile youth welfare work he was called on to make social comment to radio, television and print media where he established his skills and experience dealing with all types of media. And since establishing Janico (his public relations consulting company) has operated as a media consultant and media liaison for:
- Political parties
- Major religious organisations
- Large national and multi national companies
- Some of the largest churches in Australia
Darryn was National Welfare spokesperson for the Australian Christian Churches, a representative body of over 1500 churches Australia wide. He also has founded 3 welfare organisations.
- Exodus Youth Services
- Paradise Community Services
- In 2 Life